- Our program is approved with the "situation room", administered by the Israeli Ministry of Education, who is in contact with the military, & police. They issue specific guidelines as to where it is safe to travel & the best routes to use.
- Changes in itinerary are made, if necessary, due to weather or security-related concerns.
- Each group is accompanied by a licensed security escort/trained first aid.
- Groups travel with cellular phones & a GPS (Global Positioning System) app, so that "situation room" is aware of each group's location.
- Travel by public transportation is not allowed.
- All participants have a security orientation upon arrival in Israel, which includes travel safety tips & free time guidelines.
- A 24-hour emergency number in Israel to use in the event of a family emergency or crisis at home will be sent to participants along with trip itineraries.
- All participants are responsible for having insurance that covers them while in Israel.
- Shorashim offers limited, secondary medical insurance from an Israeli HMO while on the ground in Israel, but participants must have or purchase existing medical coverage that provides for coverage in Israel. The insurance provided by Shorashim does not cover pre-existing conditions, follow-up treatment, psychiatric conditions or illness cause by drug/alcohol use or abuse. Participants should contact their local insurance carrier to understand their coverage overseas & to confirm reimbursement policies.
- Shorashim will not be responsible for any pre-exisiting conditions or any medicial conditions during the trip.
- Participants should consult with their physician regarding any existing medical conditions.
- Necessary medication should be brought for the entire trip, along with a copy of the prescription.
- Participants must indicate all medication currently prescribed, ongoing treatments, & any medical issues that are relevant to a program in their Shorashim applicatton & interview
- Shorashim may require additional medical forms, including a doctor's note &/or waivers, due to any conditions or medical history.
- If Shorashim determines that, for any reason, an applicant is not fit to participate in the Birthright Israel program, it is at our total discretion to deny the application.