As part of our #BetterTogether venture, we are committed to uniting and strengthening the community we have built, our Shorashim Family. Our Israeli tour educators & North American trip staff are both integral parts of our family. During this new era, we're looking forward to hosting virtual sessions on various topics related to our trips, delivered by both presenters who meet our groups. Some of our very own tour educators will speak in their area of expertise as will our North American trip staff.
During times like these, we find that people are looking to be part of something bigger than themselves, so we look forward to providing education, practical tools, & community.
- Sunday, May 17: Tour Educator Series: Nir Bone, "Macjaudism -Ehen Judaism and Capitalism Meet in the Land of Unlimited Possibilities." (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Wednesday, May 20: Shorashim Staff Series - Beyond Mental Health – In vs. Out of Home - We'll hear from experience trip staff Ramiz Ravailov (LMHC, MS) (North American Trip Staff - Past, Current, Prospective)
- Wednesday, May 27: Shorashim Staff Series: Setting Powerful Intentions
- Sunday, March 29: Tour Educator Series: Session focused on the geopolitics and history of the Land of Israel with Ze'ev Ben-Shahar, an esteemed lecturer who taught psychology & Middle East at Harvard. He conducts many educational training programs in Israel today. (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Thursday, April 2: Tour Educator Series: Cofounder of Shorashim & legendary tour educator, Yossi Nameri, gave a lesson on the subject: the establishment of the first unity government before the Six Day War. This subject draws connection to what is happening in Israeli politics today, along with the current health climate. (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Sunday, April 5: Tour Educator Series: Bar Galin, a tour educator who recently returned from being on campus in the US delved into on US Narratives in the Jewish Community and Outside of Israel - Reality and Discourse on American Campuses. (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Tuesday, April 7: Tour Educator Series: Amir Katz, one of our guides who is also a professional sommelier in his training, led a session entitled "Wine Stories and the History of Israel, the Connection of Man and Earth, Unity, & History to Modern Times. (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Sunday. April 26: Tour Educator Series: Dr. Zohar Raviv spoke on the "Five types of 'Israel' concept throughout history and the connection to Jewish education, touring Israel, and Independence Day. (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Sunday, May 3: Ido Aharoni, "Israel's Branding in the World." (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Wednesday, May 6: Shorashim Staff Series: Antisemitism in America - Laurence Bolotin (Executive Director, AJC Chicago) & Dana Steiner (Global Director of ACCESS, AJC's division for 18-40 year olds) focused on antisemitism in the US & what we can actively do about it (North American Trip Staff - Past, Current, & Prospective)
- Thursday, May 7: Tour Educator Series: Liran Yaniv- "Blow the Wilderness - the Water Industry in Israel & the Negev, in particular." (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Sunday, May 10: Tour Educator Series: Slav Leivin, "The Story of the LGBTQ Community in Israel- Successes & Challenges." (Israeli Tour Educators)
- Wednesday, May 13: Staff Series: Bringing Israel Forward - Dan Tatar (iCenter Experience Team) focused on ways that we can actively bring Israel into our lives. (North American Trip Staff - Past, Current, & Prospective)
- Thursday, May 14: Tour Educator Series: Yonei Skiba, "Ethiopian Community in Israel" (Israeli Tour Educators)
Stay tuned for opportunities for professional development & continuing education opportunities.